Last updated December 18, 2022
This Privacy Notice explains how Leeward Renewable Energy, LLC and its affiliates (“Leeward” or “we”) may collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information in connection with (1) www.leewardenergy.com; (2) other webpages that we control related to proposed renewable energy generation facilities; and (3) social media (including but not limited to Facebook pages). Collectively, this Privacy Notice refers to those websites and social media pages as the “sites.”
This Privacy Notice does not address our other privacy practices, including those relating to job applicants and employees. This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
Our Collection of Personal Information
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual. It does not include aggregated or de-identified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
We may collect any or all of the following personal information through the sites:
- Contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and any other information a person chooses to submit through the sites.
- Log data, including IP address, browser ID, date/time of visit, and pages visited which are collected automatically.
- Analytics data, including automatically recorded electronic paths taken to the sites, through the sites, and when exiting the sites, as well as usage and activity on the sites.
- Location data, including general geographic location based on the log data automatically collected on the sites.
- Inquiry information, including name, phone number, email address, company name, title, and any other information provided by an individual when they choose to provide us with that data.
- Third-party data: We may also obtain personal information relating to the users of the sites through our affiliates, social media providers, and our service providers.
To manage cookies, an individual can change the settings on each browser on each device they actively use. An individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. Please note opting out of our cookies may negatively impact an individual’s experience using the sites and cause certain site features/offerings to not work properly. An individual’s browser may also not allow the blocking of all cookies. For third-party cookie practices, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) requires participating third parties to follow self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising. If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in the DAA program, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices.
The sites may include social media features, such as widgets made available by Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or other social media companies. These social media features may set cookies on the sites in order to recognize you and collect information about your visit to the sites. Your interactions with those social media features are governed by the privacy policies of the applicable social media companies.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect to communicate with customers, investors, landowners, and other third parties, and to respond to their inquiries; operate, maintain, provide, evaluate, and improve the features, functionality, and experience of the sites; manage our business, enforce and carry out our contracts and agreements, and comply with legal obligations; and perform functions as otherwise described at the time of collection.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information within Leeward, to third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf (such as website analytics providers), and to third parties in the event we take part in or are involved with a corporate business transaction (such as a merger, reorganization, financing, or bankruptcy), in connection with legal compliance, legal claims, lawful requests, legal process, the protection of rights and property, the detection and prevention of fraud, the protection of health and safety, and where consent is otherwise obtained for the disclosure.
Control Over Your Information
- Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to the sites, services, notices about our organization, or information about services we offer (or promotional offers from third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our sites Website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Region Specific Disclosures
If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Note, we do not sell your personal information within the meaning of Chapter 603A. However, if you would still like to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Personal Information
The sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not intend to collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through the sites. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through the sites. If an individual is under the age of 13, he or she should not use the sites. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
The sites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party sites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will prominently post it on the sites, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
For any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.